4 days / 3 nights
Daily Departures Year Round, USD $650.00
Inca Trail Tour Overview
The Inca Trail is exceptional although it is important to be prepared! It is a 43-km (25 mile) hike, with 3 high passes to be crossed, one of which reaches an elevation of 4200m (13776 ft). The trail is often steep, and it may rain even during the dry season. The temperatures at night may fall below zero, so it is important to come prepared. If you do not wish to bring a sleeping bag or inflatable Thermarest mattress, they will be provided to you before the hike.
Our local crew of porters, cook and guides will look after you well for the duration of the hike. You can be sure there will be no shortage of food, and we’ll guarantee superb quality.
Porters carry the majority of the gear for the hike, so those passengers doing the hike only carry a small daypack with water, rain gear, snacks, a camera and personal items. As you walk the trail that linked this ancient empire, admire breathtaking views at every step as we move from high plateau areas to dense cloud forest. Depending on the season, you may see a great variety of flora, including miniature and large orchids, and fiery rhododendron bushes.
*As on all Adventures to Peru tours, you’re taken care of from beginning to end: Deluxe Thermarest mattresses and -10 °C goose down sleeping bags are included!
Day 1 Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Km 82 trailhead-Huallabamba
Day 2 Huallabamba-Pacaymayo
Day 3 Pacaymayo-Chaquicocha-Wiñaywayna
Day 4 Wiñaywayna -Machu PIcchu-Cusco
- Private transport from Cusco to KM 82 trailhead
- Bus from Machu Picchu down to Aguas Calientes.
- Expedition tourist train return to Cusco.
- Entrance fees to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Excellent Meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners, 3 afternoon teas
- Potable boiled water for your bottle during the trek
- Food options for veggies
- Bilingual English speaking guide
- Professional chef
- Chef’s assistant
- Porters to carry tents, kitchen gear, food, first aid kit and oxygen.
- Camping Gear: Double waterproof tents (3 person capacity tent, to allow for top comfort and storage of your gear)+ dining tent with tables and chairs + kitchen tent + toilet tent + tent for our guides and porters
- Accommodation: 3 nights camping
An Adventures to Peru Plus…
- -10 °C goose down sleeping bag and deluxe inflatable Thermarest sleep mattress
- Hot water every morning and evening after the trek to keep clean + filtered and boiled water to fill up your water bottle every morning, night, and at lunchtime if requested
- Personal porter to carry personal items (6kg)
- Security: first aid kit and emergency oxygen bottle
What’s Not Included
- First breakfast (you should to have breakfast at the hotel in Cusco before departure day 1)
- Lunch the 4th day after Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu mountain
- Gratuities or Tips
- Original passport (obligatory) and copy
- Warm sleeping bag
- Thermarest mattress
- Drinking water
- Rain gear
- Toilet paper
- Garbage bag to store personal items, waterproof for stuff
- Flashlight and batteries
- Sunglasses, sun block and insect repellent
- Sweater and jacket (layers, something warm)
- One complete change of clothing (t-shirt, short, long pants)
- Small towel and bathing suit (hot springs)
- Sun hat
- Snacks during hike (candies, chocolate, energy bars, etc.)
- Comfortable hiking shoes and sandals
- Walking stick (optional)
- Personal items, medications
- Some extra spending money (there is one ATM in Aguas Calientes)