3 days/2 nights
Daily Departures Year Round
Suggested Season Between April 1st-October 31st
Rates Per Person USD $ 505.00
The Muyuna Amazon Lodge is located on the banks of the Yanayacu River (a small tributary to the Amazon) about 84 miles south west of Iquitos. Its strategic location close to the the Pacaya Samiria Amazon Reserve, helps guarantee observation of birds, monkeys, sloth, dolphins, fish, and more, in their natural habitat.
This is a top-notch genuine Amazon Jungle experience. However, travelers must be prepared to be out of touch with the ‘real world’ for the duration of the visit.
Surrounded by abundant rainforest, the Muyuna Amazon Lodge has been designed and built in accordance with local architecture for the local community of San Juan, using all local materials in its construction.
Mostly known as a small intimate lodge, each of the 17 rooms is fresh and sealed with mesh screens on the windows and roof. Each cottage has a full bathroom, with running water, small terrace and hammock that overlooks the river. Kerosene lamps are the only light used in the bungalows.
There is a large dining room for socializing and numerous hammocks to relax in.
For those who want to stay in touch with ‘the outside’, sorry but there’s no Internet here. Electricity is available, though, in the evening to recharge cameras and laptops. Most current electronics (e.g. laptops, cameras) can be safely charged using 220V current which is what we offer, but please check your owners manual first!
Activities include hikes in primary rainforest, flora and fauna observation, bird watching, canoe rides, piranha fishing and day / night excursions. In the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve visitors will also have the chance to observe the exotic pink dolphin of the Amazon at their natural habitat.
*As on all Adventures to Peru tours, you’re taken care of from beginning to end: airport transfers are included!
- Local naturalist multilingual guide service for duration of the trip
- Airport arrival AND departure transfers
- All accommodations in double occupancy
- Privately owned land/river transport along the route
- Entrance fees for included excursions
- Excellent Meals
- One entree of chicken, beef, local fish or pasta and fresh salad.
- A variety of rice and bean dishes, hot vegetables, bread and butter
- A choice of desserts including local fruits such as papaya or pineapple or prepared desserts such as rice pudding or flan
- Complementary coffee, tea and drinking water are available 24 hours a day
- Bar service, including soft drinks, is also available at guest expense
- Reconfirmation of ongoing flights
What’s Not Included
- International and/or Domestic Flights
- Visa and passport fees
- Alcohol, Drinks
- Optional activities/day-tours/excursions
- International / Domestic Airport Taxes / Excess Baggage Fees