5 days/4 nights
1 Night Camping
Daily Departures Year Round
Suggested Season Between April 1st-October 31st
Rates Per Person USD $ 925.00
Pacaya Samiria Amazon Lodge is located on the banks of the Marañon River about 75 miles south west of Iquitos. It is the only lodge inside of the buffer zone of the Pacaya Samiria Amazon Reserve, which makes it exclusive to the region. This is a top-notch genuine Amazon Jungle experience. However, travelers must be prepared to be out of touch with the ‘real world’ for the duration of the visit.
Surrounded by abundant rainforest, Pacaya Samiria Amazon Lodge has been built in accordance with local architecture, using all local materials in its construction. There are only 8 comfy bungalows, assuring an elite and secluded stay. Every bungalow has a private terrace overlooking the Marañón River, private bath / running water. All bungalows are mosquito proofed with mesh sealed windows and direct access to the main garden.
Amenities include a large club-house, dining room, hammock room, bar, watch-towers and hiking paths; hammock room and viewpoints that offer stunning panoramic views of the Marañón River and the surrounding forest.
Activities include visits to the local communities, hikes in primary rainforest, flora and fauna observation, bird watching, canoe rides, piranha fishing and day / night excursions. In the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve visitors will also have the chance to observe the exotic pink dolphin of the Amazon at their natural habitat. On top of all of this, the bird-watching programs have been designed for you to experience the beauty and diversity of the Amazon in its natural habitat.
For those who want to stay in touch with ‘the outside’, sorry but there’s no Internet here. Electricity is available, though, between 6:00pm-10:00pm. Most current electronics (e.g. laptops, cameras) can be safely charged using 220V current which is what we offer, but please check your owners manual first!
*As on all Adventures to Peru tours, you’re taken care of from beginning to end: airport transfers are included!
- Local naturalist multilingual guide service for duration of the trip
- Airport arrival AND departure transfers
- All accommodations in double occupancy
- Privately owned land/river transport along the route
- Entrance fees for included excursions
- Excellent Meals
- One entree of chicken, beef, local fish or pasta and fresh salad.
- A variety of rice and bean dishes, hot vegetables, bread and butter
- A choice of desserts including local fruits such as papaya or pineapple or prepared desserts such as rice pudding or flan
- Complementary coffee, tea and drinking water are available 24 hours a day
- Bar service, including soft drinks, is also available at guest expense
- Reconfirmation of ongoing flights
What’s Not Included
- International and/or Domestic Flights
- Visa and passport fees
- Alcohol, Drinks
- Optional activities/day-tours/excursions
- International / Domestic Airport Taxes / Excess Baggage Fees