Our Responsible Tourism Policy
These are Adventures to Peru’s key principles and goals for operating its tours and business in an environmentally and socially responsible way.
- Use locally owned infrastructure for accommodation and transport where possible.
- Use the most reputable over-land transport company or airline available.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture and insist that visitors do the same.
- Provide safe trips for our staff and travelers.
- Educate travelers and our operators about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit the negative impacts to daily lifestyles of local people not involved with our groups.
- Limit the physical impact of trips in all destination communities – particularly sensitive natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organizations and local communities visited by our groups.
- Provide fun enjoyable trips to our travelers.
- Provide opportunities for travelers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban leader and passenger participation in, or endorsement of, commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on our trips.
- Actively discourage the participation of our groups in activities which exploit animals – wild or domestic.
- Use local operators that adhere to Adventures to Peru’s Responsible Travel Philosophies and that provide the best possible service to our travelers and staff.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travelers the best possible value.